6. Safety while using Laser Cutting Machines
Laser cutter machines emit very powerful invisible radiation, laser cutting safety precautions must be taken when using laser cutter machines to ensure no injury or machine damage
TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS AND DAMAGES, ENSURE THAT ONLY TRAINED PERSONNEL HAVE ACCESS TO THE LASER CUTTER
6.1 Hazards of Laser Cutting Machine
- Hazards of Toxic Gases
When we are cutting some materials it will produce some toxic fumes an air filter is mandatory for laser cutting machines , however it can’t remove all toxic gases so always use approved materials only.
- PVC(Polyvinyl Chloride) is releases toxic hydrogen chloride gas when laser cutting ,it also corrodes your machine ,so Do Not laser cut PVC .
- The Laser Cutting of Nylon and Polyurethane produces toxic hydrogen cyanide gas, so Do Not use them
- Fire Hazards
Fires are rare when cutting approved materials in a well maintained machines, but in some cases fire may be arise, so always follow safety guidelines and install a fire extinguisher near the machine .
Laser beams can burn your skin and eye , so always wear protective glass and make sure your lid is closed while operating the machine .
Never Cut these Materials
|1||PVC||Emits Toxic Gas|
|2||Nylon||Emits Toxic Gas|
|3||Artificial Leather||Emits Toxic Gas|
|4||Polypropylene Foam||Catches Fire|
|5||Polystyrene Foam||Catches Fire|
6.2 Safety Guidelines While Using Laser Machine
- before using laser cutter be sure you have been trained by a qualified instructor
- read manufacturer’s instructions before powering ON
- a fire extinguisher should be mounted on the wall near the laser machine
- never leave the laser cutter unattended
- only cut approved materials
- always wear eye protection glasses
- keep the lid closed all the times other than material loading
- clean up debris in the laser cutter
- Keep a log book detailing who has used the laser cutter and time
- avoid placing laser cutter on wooden tables